This toy robot was initially picked up by Sam in the chapter Pittsburgh. Henry adamantly believed that they should never take anything they don't need, and Sam was forced to drop it as a result. Ellie apparently took it and gave it to Sam later; since he was fighting the Infection, however, he showed little interest in it.
Ellie didn't leave it there after Sam's untimely death though. She kept it with her the rest of the journey with Joel.
Related Dialogue Edit
When you view the artifact, Ellie will say:
- I was so stupid. I should have said something different to you.
Earlier on, in the chapter Tommy's Dam, Joel may come across a small grave with a teddy bear on it, which triggers the following conversation:
- Joel: That's too small of a grave.
- Ellie: I forgot to leave that stupid robot on his grave.
- What should I do with it?
- Joel: Ellie...
- Ellie: What? I want to talk about it.
- Joel: No.
- Ellie: Why not?
- Joel: How many times do we need to go over this?
- Things happen... and we move on.
- Ellie: It's just...
- Joel: That's enough.
- Ellie: You're right. I'm sorry.
- It resembles a Transformers toy from the 80's, specifically Soundwave, or the Shogun Warrior Gaiking.
- In gameplay, the player can see Ellie standing in front of the toy robot. Once the camera shifts out of view of Ellie, Ellie will pocket the robot.
- It is unknown why the robot hasn't aged for the time it spent in the store, as it's most likely been in there for 20+ years.