|This page documents a Wiki guideline. It is the accepted standard that editors should follow, although it should be treated with common sense, as occasional exceptions will apply. When editing this page, please ensure that your revision reflects consensus.|
This is the official page for the spoiler policy of The Last of Us Wiki. This policy defines what a spoiler is, their impact and involvement with the wiki, and guidelines when discussing spoilers.
All policies are expected to be understood and adhered by all users on the wiki, regardless of status or position, generally before contributing to the wiki. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a warning, and if continued, a block from the wiki.
Certain policies are able to be changed or modified based on a general community consensus. Anyone who disagrees with a policy is welcome to suggest changes, which can be organized on Discussions or contacting an active administrator.
What is a spoiler?
A spoiler is any form of information that may be potentially revealing to plot and story elements that some people may wish to remain revealed so that they may enjoy the source material to its fullest extent, without having any previous knowledge of said information. This may include, but not limited to, the death of a major character or an unexpected plot twist. Spoilers are expressed both in writing and through images.
Spoilers on the wiki
The Last of Us Wiki is dedicated to collecting extensive information about The Last of Us series and its related media, from elements of its storyline to gameplay, as we aim to create a comprehensive and informative encyclopedia.
With that being said, The Last of Us Wiki contains unmarked spoilers on almost every mainspace article. We discourage readers who wish not to be spoiled from reading our wiki, specifically from character biographies to chapter plots. Discussion spaces, including Discussions, blog posts, message walls, and talk pages may also contain unmarked spoilers. As noted on this page, we recommend users to navigate our wiki at their own risk!
Guidelines on spoilers
With spoilers being such potentially controversial subjects, we have detailed a list of guidelines regarding spoilers below that all users must adhere to. Failure to comply with these guidelines can result in a warning, and if continued, a block from the wiki.
- Articles, Discussions, blog posts, message walls, and talk pages are not required to be marked for spoilers. People may discuss anything and it's not for an editor to police it. A majority of the mainspace articles contain spoilers, including but not limited to, articles relating to characters, chapters, collectibles, weapons, locations, etc. If you wish not to be spoiled, we suggest to read the wiki carefully.
- The beginning lines of a section or article may not be allowed to detail a potential spoiler. If you come across a scenario such as this, please reword the information to prevent any opening spoilers or message an active administrator on their message wall.
- Despite the potentially large amount of spoilers on the wiki, we ask users to be courteous to other users who may not wish to be spoiled. This includes to not blatantly reveal spoilers in casual discussion anywhere on the wiki.
- User page content is additionally at the discretion of the user. Spoilers may often occur on user pages, and it is up to that user if they want to tag spoilers on their page. Browse other user pages at your own risk.
- Adding unreleased and/or leaked information detailing storyline details for any media subject before its official release is prohibited. Doing so may result in a block from the wiki.
- Do not message a user or an administrator, or create a discussion any where on the wiki, regarding your discontent from being spoiled on the wiki. We understand being spoiled is culturally unaccepted and aggravating—especially for a storyline such as The Last of Us—but we create policy pages such as this one to warn users to prevent them from complaining.
|Wiki Staff||Bureaucrats: NinjaFatGuy · Snivystorm |
Moderators: RinasaurusRex · Swedgin
Wiki representative: SlyCooperFan1
|Help||About the wiki · Wiki staff (Requests for adminship · Requests for rollback) · Parent page · Edit feed · Forum · Editing · Images · Tables · Rollback · Templates (Template types · Template Parameters) · Colors · Other languages|