FANDOM


  • Snivystorm
    Snivystorm closed this thread because:
    No new messages in over two years.
    07:51, September 11, 2017


    Hello everyone, and welcome. This is the place where all discussions about the character Ellie may go. The comments section had to be removed due to abuse, so here is a better place to talk.

    This a general forum thread, so please talk about anything pertaining to Ellie and keep it pleasant. That's not to say you cannot write dark, depressing things about him, just please don't be vulgar or profane.

    Think before you hit the "post" button because even though this is for general discussion, there are still rules (along with the site's rules) and they are as follows:

    -No posting of game ending or personal character spoilers.

    -Be mindful that something you say may have already be said, so look through the previous posts before reiterating something that's already been said.

    -Absolutely NO double-posting! If you wish to add something to what you previously said, simply edit your post and add to it.

    -Stay on topic to some degree. This is a general discussion, but we still have a topic to follow: Ellie.

    As long as you follow these rules and the site's rules, then we can all enjoy some good conversation.

    Please, enjoy.

    Sethylamine, that red pyramid thing. 18:27, May 5, 2013 (UTC)

      Loading editor
    • Where did you get that information for being 16 of her age? From what I know, Ellie is 14 years old as Naughty Dog stated hers...

        Loading editor
    • See, I know she is 14, but then I read a few things (including the Wikipedia page) that said she was 16. Anyways, I fixed the parts I put in and the parts that someone else changed. It now says 14 again.

        Loading editor
    • Ah, Wikipedia. It can't be trusted because some ignorants are often wrong for assmuing character's profile without facts. =P

      They should look in American's Dreams as a factual source, because Naughty Dog Team helped two artists with their fan story. Both Riley and Ellie are main characters, so they're 15 and 13 years old before the events of The Last of Us. =)

        Loading editor
    • Also, I notice some jerks who like to trash any page. I wonder, do you know how to ban them?

        Loading editor
    • It's hard to ban people who don't have accounts. However, if you know the IP, we can block them. You do need proof however.

      Also, I have read the first American Dreams and you are right about that, however many people edit Wiki pages without knowing facts.

        Loading editor
    • I just looked up and it said, " 119.15.86.162 IP ". He/she did make two changes by screwed two pages up. First, Ophiocordyceps unilateralis , and then this page, Ellie. I wish I knew how to stop those immature jerks...

        Loading editor
    • Yes, we already blocked that particular person. I noticed that he (or she) was removing bits from pages, so I had him blocked from using the site.

      You know, you should make an account on here, friend. That way I can know who I am talking to because you seem very knowledgable and I like that.

      But now we should get back on topic: Ellie.

        Loading editor
    • I had my account now. =) I'll try to use mine a bit often, aha.

      I just looked up in this page and am surprise that someone deleted my edit about her birthdate. I wonder why?

        Loading editor
    • The admin didn't feel it was necessary, I guess. Or it might have been by mistake. Who knows?

        Loading editor
    • Hmm. I'll try to edit the Trivia and to see if any Admin may delete it. If does, I guess I'll leave it alone then... For some reason, why I add something about her birthdate because it's important note about her biography. It makes sense that she was born in 2019, through her birthday is never mentioned. Hmm...

        Loading editor
    • 174.25.89.33 wrote:
      Hmm. I'll try to edit the Trivia and to see if any Admin may delete it. If does, I guess I'll leave it alone then... For some reason, why I add something about her birthdate because it's important note about her biography. It makes sense that she was born in 2019, through her birthday is never mentioned. Hmm...

      ^^^ is DarkCougar555. Sorry, I forget to log in.

        Loading editor
    • I added it to her biography.

        Loading editor
    • That's better! I hope admins don't mind.

        Loading editor
    • We'll see.

        Loading editor
    • If she goes out like the sidekick in The Outlaw Josey Wales, I'm gonna be pissed.

        Loading editor
    • Or we could stop talking about The Outlaw Josey Wales and just talk about The Last of Us.

        Loading editor
    • She is also a controllable character?! gimme a break!

        Loading editor
    • No, she is not.

        Loading editor
    • From what I heard, she's an AI character, where'd you hear that?

        Loading editor
    • It is set in stone fact that Ellie is completely AI.

        Loading editor
    • Nope, she's not. She is played as later on :)

        Loading editor
    • I'm almost positive that counts as a spoiler. I am going to pull a red flag on this one.

        Loading editor
    • 93.222.38.16 wrote:
      Nope, she's not. She is played as later on :)

      You got a source for that?

        Loading editor
    • Ahem, not to be rude but...


      • SPOILERS PEOPLE CONTINUE ON NOT REALLY OWN RISK*

      I was reading the guide in Wal-mart. and in defense of Mr. 93 I got to the end of the guide and it showed the last comic location, and guess who was being controlled? ELLIE.

      Oh, and the guide had no spoilers it just showed a walkthrough of the levels and said stuff like "Joel was unhappy with what she said"

      NO spoilers in the guide.

        Loading editor
    • That Sir, is what is classified as a mild spoiler.

      -THP

        Loading editor
    • M67PattonZippo wrote:
      93.222.38.16 wrote:
      Nope, she's not. She is played as later on :)
      You got a source for that?

      Yeah, simply check the playthroughs on Youtube, but you're probably playing it yourself by now :)

        Loading editor
    • 93.222.3.170 wrote:
      M67PattonZippo wrote:
      93.222.38.16 wrote:
      Nope, she's not. She is played as later on :)
      You got a source for that?
      Yeah, simply check the playthroughs on Youtube, but you're probably playing it yourself by now :)

      If you say so. I'm a freeloader myself, I just watch the walkthroughs on youtube

        Loading editor
    • You will play as Ellie.

      Her default weapon when you gain control of her is shivs, the bow and a pistol. She'll have access to a hunting rifle later on. 

      The control mechanics for her will be similar to Joel, just that she does not actually have a way to stealth kill.

        Loading editor
    • SPOILERS! SPOILERS EVERYWHERE!

        Loading editor
    • Man! I just played the game! She knows how to kill thats for sure!

        Loading editor
    • am i alone in thinking that the character is remeniscent of ellen page and that ellen should have done the voice acting?  would've been cool if she mocapped ellie, too.  i think if they made a movie that's who should play her, and josh brolin should def play joel.

        Loading editor
    • I like Ashley Johnson as Ellie better, I think Ellen Page's voice would've made her sound older, there's some innocence in Ashley's voice that fits some parts of Ellie's life, so I think the casting was greatly done in this game both Troy and Ashley play their roles perfectly and the relationship between both of them feels very real, which is something you might jeopardize when changing one actor

        Loading editor
    • She swears. Like, a lot.... Always dropping the f bomb and even flipped off bill...

        Loading editor
    • Theinnsmouthlook wrote:
      am i alone in thinking that the character is remeniscent of ellen page and that ellen should have done the voice acting?  would've been cool if she mocapped ellie, too.  i think if they made a movie that's who should play her, and josh brolin should def play joel.

      This has been said for years, but Naughty Dog specifically spent almost a year changing her appearance away from Ellen Page.

        Loading editor
    • I got a big joy kill turn off with her "After-Life" speech with Sam,

      But tthen I saw she is just naive with no parents and just isn't sure on her views

        Loading editor
    • What do you mean? Why would that turn you off to the game? I thought it made sense. I feel the same way: I want to believe in an afterlife, but I simply don't.

        Loading editor
    • Sethylamine wrote:
      Theinnsmouthlook wrote:
      am i alone in thinking that the character is remeniscent of ellen page and that ellen should have done the voice acting?  would've been cool if she mocapped ellie, too.  i think if they made a movie that's who should play her, and josh brolin should def play joel.
      This has been said for years, but Naughty Dog specifically spent almost a year changing her appearance away from Ellen Page.

      see, i thought she looked a lot more like ellen page in the early previews of the game.  i don't know why they decided to change it.  like i said, not that her not modeling ellen page detracts from the character, but i would probably have enjoyed it more, if that makes any sense.

        Loading editor
    • Theinnsmouthlook wrote:
      Sethylamine wrote:
      Theinnsmouthlook wrote:
      am i alone in thinking that the character is remeniscent of ellen page and that ellen should have done the voice acting?  would've been cool if she mocapped ellie, too.  i think if they made a movie that's who should play her, and josh brolin should def play joel.
      This has been said for years, but Naughty Dog specifically spent almost a year changing her appearance away from Ellen Page.
      see, i thought she looked a lot more like ellen page in the early previews of the game.  i don't know why they decided to change it.  like i said, not that her not modeling ellen page detracts from the character, but i would probably have enjoyed it more, if that makes any sense.


      They decided to change it because Ellen Page wasn't the voice actress and they didn't want it to seem like they were stealing her "look". They wanted the character model to reflect Ashley Johnson (the voice of Ellie) rather than reflect someone that the character has nothing to do with. So now if you compare Ashley's picture and Ellie's picture, you can see many similarities between then. The same can be said about Joel, before they found Troy, they weren't completely sure of how he would look by the final cut, but then they found him. They then modeled Joel (loosely mind you) after Troy to reflect his inner and outer ruggedness.

        Loading editor
    • Hey, I read it here in the Wiki that Ellie helps by spotting enemies and highlighting them in red.

      Well it never happened in my playthrough. She does yell out if there's an enemy behind me etc. But never marking them red. She did it once I think during the ambush in Pittsburgh but not in red. Playing on Hard if it helps.

        Loading editor
    • 112.200.19.73 wrote: Hey, I read it here in the Wiki that Ellie helps by spotting enemies and highlighting them in red.

      Well it never happened in my playthrough. She does yell out if there's an enemy behind me etc. But never marking them red. She did it once I think during the ambush in Pittsburgh but not in red. Playing on Hard if it helps.

      It never happened during my playthrough either. I have seen it happening in YouTube videos though.

        Loading editor
    • i think it only happens if an enemy is coming from somewhere where you cant see them, like from behind and you are unaware, she has done it for me a couple times

        Loading editor
    • Sethylamine wrote:
      What do you mean? Why would that turn you off to the game? I thought it made sense. I feel the same way: I want to believe in an afterlife, but I simply don't.

      Yeah, I am with you on that.

      I mean, I just want proof there is, Not just saying there is, Is it just blackness forever? Is there pearly gates? Its kind of annoying if you ask me...

        Loading editor
    • I recently went to an expo and I've actually met Greg Cipes in person. I asked him a question, does he know that Ashley Johnson (since he frequently works with her) voices Ellie in The Last of Us and he actually knows about it.

      Plus whenever you ask Greg Cipes an Ashley Johnson question, he often refers to her as his "cartoon girlfriend" which is very sweet of him to say.

        Loading editor
    • Sethylamine wrote:
      SPOILERS! SPOILERS EVERYWHERE!


      whith all due respects chill when you go on a wiki you run the risk of seeing spoilers

        Loading editor
    • lol my 11 year old son who watches me play thinks ellie is hot makes me laugh every time

        Loading editor
    • King of Skyrim wrote:

      Sethylamine wrote:
      What do you mean? Why would that turn you off to the game? I thought it made sense. I feel the same way: I want to believe in an afterlife, but I simply don't.

      Yeah, I am with you on that.

      I mean, I just want proof there is, Not just saying there is, Is it just blackness forever? Is there pearly gates? Its kind of annoying if you ask me...

      I'm a devout christian the way i see it god made evidence against his existance as a test to see who's faithful despite there being evidence that proves against him

        Loading editor
    • 99.6.101.92 wrote:

      King of Skyrim wrote:

      Sethylamine wrote:
      What do you mean? Why would that turn you off to the game? I thought it made sense. I feel the same way: I want to believe in an afterlife, but I simply don't.

      Yeah, I am with you on that.

      I mean, I just want proof there is, Not just saying there is, Is it just blackness forever? Is there pearly gates? Its kind of annoying if you ask me...

      I'm a devout christian the way i see it god made evidence against his existance as a test to see who's faithful despite there being evidence that proves against him

      @Sethylamine @King of Skyrim @Wikia Contributor

      Stay on topic, please.

        Loading editor
    • Klock101 wrote:

      99.6.101.92 wrote:

      King of Skyrim wrote:

      Sethylamine wrote:
      What do you mean? Why would that turn you off to the game? I thought it made sense. I feel the same way: I want to believe in an afterlife, but I simply don't.
      Yeah, I am with you on that.

      I mean, I just want proof there is, Not just saying there is, Is it just blackness forever? Is there pearly gates? Its kind of annoying if you ask me...

      I'm a devout christian the way i see it god made evidence against his existance as a test to see who's faithful despite there being evidence that proves against him

      @Sethylamine @King of Skyrim @Wikia Contributor

      Stay on topic, please.

      Ok, I'm sorry I guess trolls got me....

        Loading editor
    • Personaly, I like Ellie. LIke the way her attitude is displayed...Y'know? I mean it's not like I can't be the only one who admires her personality, looks, bravery,etc.

      But the game really touches my heart. Joel is like a father to her & I like that. ;) But when you actually beat the game it feels like you lost your best friends...pretty tragic if you ask me. :(

      Ellie isn't the only character I actually like. Y'know...Joel, Tess, Tommy, Callus...you get the point. The journey begins somewhere & you just gotta find it. For Joel & Ellie it's in The Last of Us...

        Loading editor
    • 112.200.19.73 wrote:
      Hey, I read it here in the Wiki that Ellie helps by spotting enemies and highlighting them in red.

      Well it never happened in my playthrough. She does yell out if there's an enemy behind me etc. But never marking them red. She did it once I think during the ambush in Pittsburgh but not in red. Playing on Hard if it helps.

      They become white, not red. Just like in listening mode. If she sees one it doesn't just pop on your screen. She will say something like "up there joel" and you will have to look there in order to see the enemy. Also she points out only enemies you can't see, so that's why you have to turn and look.

        Loading editor
    • It says in the trivia section that Ellie can still spread the infection. Is there a source for this? Telling people she can spread the infection doesn't count as she's not a reliable narrator. 

      I ask because the whole ending wouldn't make sense if she could spread her version of the cordyceps fungus around - in the surgeon's recording collectible it is explicitly stated that her cordyceps infection has mutated into a stable state. If she could infect people with said mutated cordyceps fungus then all the events leading up to the ending don't make sense.

        Loading editor
    • There is no reliable indication about whether she could spread the infection, so we can't know. Although she said so to David when she bit him, and Joel, when Ellie drowned, didn't give her CPR with mouth. None though give us a sure answer for this question. Ellie could have said that to  David to scare him, and ND didn't want to show an old man kiss a girl...or something. So i don't believe she can spread it.

        Loading editor
    • Makunis wrote:
      There is no reliable indication about whether she could spread the infection, so we can't know. Although she said so to David when she bit him, and Joel, when Ellie drowned, didn't give her CPR with mouth. None though give us a sure answer for this question. Ellie could have said that to  David to scare him, and ND didn't want to show an old man kiss a girl...or something. So i don't believe she can spread it.

      Actually there is evidenece.

      • SPOILER ALERT*

      When she bites david he seems to become very aggresive, and have convulsions when trying to find her in the diner

        Loading editor
    • David was the leader of a group of cannibals. I don't think his aggression has anything to do with an infection. The convulsions can be attributed to being stabbed in the neck twice, too.

      Something that sticks to me is that Ellie isn't immune - not in the traditional sense. Her cordyceps infection is mutated. Her infecting people with said mutated cordyceps means she didn't have to die. Keep in mind the Fireflies wanted her brain not for the brain itself but for the parasite in it - so *if* she could infect people, then there's no reason at all for anything that happened in the hospital.

        Loading editor
    • Hmm, yeah i also believe that David is just aggresive but not because he's bitten. Probably what, an hour pasted since she bit him? That's a small amount of time for him to start showing signs of infection (i think!!). I don't think that's the case.

        Loading editor
    • If there's one song that Ellie should listen to, it would have to be that Shaun of the Dead song "You're My Best Friend by Queen".

        Loading editor
    • Makunis wrote:
      Hmm, yeah i also believe that David is just aggresive but not because he's bitten. Probably what, an hour pasted since she bit him? That's a small amount of time for him to start showing signs of infection (i think!!). I don't think that's the case.

      Remember though, Tess said she was feeling the effects of the fungus a few hours after she was bitten.

        Loading editor
    • M67PattonZippo wrote:
      Makunis wrote:
      Hmm, yeah i also believe that David is just aggresive but not because he's bitten. Probably what, an hour pasted since she bit him? That's a small amount of time for him to start showing signs of infection (i think!!). I don't think that's the case.
      Remember though, Tess said she was feeling the effects of the fungus a few hours after she was bitten.

      She didn't say that, she said "it's been an hour and it's already worse". She didn't mean she felt worse but that the bite was looking worse. But David's bite didn't look at all worse or infected.

        Loading editor
    • Ellen Page was kind of pissed about Ellie. Espciall since she is in the game Beyond Two Souls

        Loading editor
    • Ehh...I' REALLY sorry for this disgusting question but: if Ellie will ever have her own kids, they will got her immunity?

        Loading editor
    • How is it a disgusting question?

        Loading editor
    • She's 14,

      But I don't see it as a disgusting question if you mean't after she was 18...

        Loading editor
    • I don't know if anyone else noticed this but i'm sure Ellie looks older in the final cutscene.

      This would make sense since she is still growing and giving the timeframe of the game.

      It just looks like she's slightly taller and has a sharper face, I wonder if Naughty Dog did slightly change her apperance in the final cutscene.

        Loading editor
    • WatteWatt wrote:
      I don't know if anyone else noticed this but i'm sure Ellie looks older in the final cutscene.

      This would make sense since she is still growing and giving the timeframe of the game.

      It just looks like she's slightly taller and has a sharper face, I wonder if Naughty Dog did slightly change her apperance in the final cutscene.

      Yeah i was wondering that! Or maybe because she was "broken" after all of it in the end, she was acting more serious and that made her look older. But i guess we'll never know...

        Loading editor
    • King of Skyrim wrote:
      She's 14,

      But I don't see it as a disgusting question if you mean't after she was 18...

      If she were to have sex, that would infect the person she was with.

        Loading editor
    • How? Ellie wouldn't release anything, the male would release stuff into her, not her sending fungus into the male.

        Loading editor
    • Where does Ellie learn to whistle part of the Uncharted theme?

        Loading editor
    • TheGuyThatWasTheGuy wrote:
      How? Ellie wouldn't release anything, the male would release stuff into her, not her sending fungus into the male.

      Well you know, you can gain AIDS by having sex with a positive girl...I think that's pretty much the same...the partner would die for the fungus...the child would have the immunity...or die if haven't...

        Loading editor
    • WatteWatt wrote:
      Where does Ellie learn to whistle part of the Uncharted theme?

      In Bill's town and the chapter after it. Also before you reach the dam. 

      If you play the game, just don't move too fast and you won't miss it. It's not one of those optional convo where you press triangle. She just does it impulsively which is kinda cool. :D

        Loading editor
    • Thanks, I'm a big fan of the Uncharted games and considering I took my time in my first playthrough I'm suprised it went past me.

        Loading editor
    • I have a question about Ellie, and by extension Joel, after you kill David and Joel comes in to grab her and console her. They say some things to each other that are not audible. In fact, I believe there is no sound on purpose and you only see lips moving. Joel starts talking first and Ellie replies to him. Anyone know what is said? Seems you will have to read lips to figure it out. I just wonder if what is said is about what just happened to Ellie, or perhaps Joel talking her down. 

        Loading editor
    • WatteWatt
      WatteWatt removed this reply because:
      Accidental post
      14:30, July 9, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • 208.47.211.5 wrote:
      I have a question about Ellie, and by extension Joel, after you kill David and Joel comes in to grab her and console her. They say some things to each other that are not audible. In fact, I believe there is no sound on purpose and you only see lips moving. Joel starts talking first and Ellie replies to him. Anyone know what is said? Seems you will have to read lips to figure it out. I just wonder if what is said is about what just happened to Ellie, or perhaps Joel talking her down. 

      Joel talking her down sounds about right, because the actors only used motion and not facial capture, (the scene is desinged without sound) the entire soundless talking is completly annimated and it would be impossible to make out what they were saying.

        Loading editor
    • 208.47.211.5 wrote:
      I have a question about Ellie, and by extension Joel, after you kill David and Joel comes in to grab her and console her. They say some things to each other that are not audible. In fact, I believe there is no sound on purpose and you only see lips moving. Joel starts talking first and Ellie replies to him. Anyone know what is said? Seems you will have to read lips to figure it out. I just wonder if what is said is about what just happened to Ellie, or perhaps Joel talking her down. 

      I would guess Joel was saying something in the line of, "you don't ever go running off like that again" and "thank God nothing bad happened to you". 

      I wouldn't say Joel was saying something bad to her. Usually, muted conversation scenes are done so the viewer would feel really emotionally connected to what the characters are feeling. In most cases these are very dramatic scenes where the actions itself would do the talking instead of the actual spoken words.

      Here you can see Joel consoling Ellie while saying something muted. He could have said something very touching but their actions speak for themselves in my opinion.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, sounds good. I tried a couple times to read the lips, but as you said it's not possible. 

        Loading editor
    • 208.47.211.5 wrote:
      I have a question about Ellie, and by extension Joel, after you kill David and Joel comes in to grab her and console her. They say some things to each other that are not audible. In fact, I believe there is no sound on purpose and you only see lips moving. Joel starts talking first and Ellie replies to him. Anyone know what is said? Seems you will have to read lips to figure it out. I just wonder if what is said is about what just happened to Ellie, or perhaps Joel talking her down. 

      If you turn on the captions during that you can see what they say.

        Loading editor
    • WatteWatt wrote:
      I don't know if anyone else noticed this but i'm sure Ellie looks older in the final cutscene.

      This would make sense since she is still growing and giving the timeframe of the game.

      It just looks like she's slightly taller and has a sharper face, I wonder if Naughty Dog did slightly change her apperance in the final cutscene.

      She becames higherю

        Loading editor
    • 176.14.173.11 wrote:
      WatteWatt wrote:
      I don't know if anyone else noticed this but i'm sure Ellie looks older in the final cutscene.

      This would make sense since she is still growing and giving the timeframe of the game.

      It just looks like she's slightly taller and has a sharper face, I wonder if Naughty Dog did slightly change her apperance in the final cutscene.

      She becames higherю

      I wonder if her B-Day passes in game because if you pay attention to the time frame it progesses over one year since Joel met Ellie. So it is very possible that she just aged to 15 is all.

        Loading editor
    • She was 13 in American Dreams, and 14 by the events of the game.

        Loading editor
    • And American Dreams is only set a few weeks before the main game. My point is that she actually looks redesinged in the final cutscene, it's pretty rare of game compaines to age their characters realistically.

        Loading editor
    • It is a very good fetaure indeed, but what I am saying is that she was 14 at the begining of the game and when suming up the time frame, she is close to turning 15.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah that's correct.

        Loading editor
    • Stress can make you look older, and she had a lot of stress leaving boston,.

        Loading editor
    • CaPtiAn1590 wrote:
      176.14.173.11 wrote:
      WatteWatt wrote:
      I don't know if anyone else noticed this but i'm sure Ellie looks older in the final cutscene.

      This would make sense since she is still growing and giving the timeframe of the game.

      It just looks like she's slightly taller and has a sharper face, I wonder if Naughty Dog did slightly change her apperance in the final cutscene.

      She becames higherю
      I wonder if her B-Day passes in game because if you pay attention to the time frame it progesses over one year since Joel met Ellie. So it is very possible that she just aged to 15 is all.

      Actually I think that  her birthday was shortly after she get bite. Because in the beginning of game she's 14 years old. In the comic book , when she got a bite, she's 13 years old. She got a bite three weeks ago (beginning of the game) So it means that in the ending of game (April/May) she's still 14 years old. That's all.

        Loading editor
    • TheGuyThatWasTheGuy wrote:
      Stress can make you look older, and she had a lot of stress leaving boston,.

      Warning-Spoilers!!!!!




      ....and here we go!!

      Deaths of Tess, Death of Riley, Death of sam, Near death experiances, Being alone, Getting captured, *Spoilers, Spoilers, Spoilers* , Almost... umm you know what happened with David..., Drowning, Not being able to swim, Being lied to, Getting shot at, Getting grabbed by infected, Being bitten, Not knowing things, Getting upper-handed, Not having a gun, Not knowing humanities past, Getting bossed around, Threatened, Harassed, Blown up, Not meeting the Fireflies in person, Getting handcuffed, Scanned for fungus/bites, Seeing dead people, Dying, Raped, Getting eaten, Spreading the infection, and finally Being for Nothing!

        Loading editor
    • So yeah... strees does make you look older.

        Loading editor
    • On Ellie's page...

      According to the Japanese manual of TLoU. Ellies last name is Williams???

      Is this even clairfied anywhere in the actual game?

        Loading editor
    • what do you guys think about Ellie, how she sees Joel? In the end did she sees him as a father?

        Loading editor
    • Hey, Mikey333 and everyone who sees my question, please just reply, what do you guys think about Ellies bite it looks diffrent at the beginning and at the end, I know Ive been asking about this and some already answered, but I really want the true answer, so please Sethylamine, dont get mad for my question because there will be a spoiler. Sorry Sethylamine.Sorry everyone that hate spoilers. Reply and answer please.

        Loading editor
    • 180.253.102.165 wrote:
      Hey, Mikey333 and everyone who sees my question, please just reply, what do you guys think about Ellies bite it looks diffrent at the beginning and at the end, I know Ive been asking about this and some already answered, but I really want the true answer, so please Sethylamine, dont get mad for my question because there will be a spoiler. Sorry Sethylamine.Sorry everyone that hate spoilers. Reply and answer please.

      I compared with when David saw her bite, it's almost same. So there are two probabilities

      1. The bite didnt worsening, its simply bcos its a close up camera.

      2. The bite worsening until winter, in spring the bite is already worse, but still the same like in winter.

      and uh, if you dont mind can you answer my question too? abt how Ellie sees Joel. Cos I know Joel sees her as a daughter, but I dunno how Ellie sees Joel (Ellie never had a father), thanks

        Loading editor
    • @Mikey333, first of all thanks for answering my question, youre a nice friend. Well in my opinion Ellie sees Joel like her own father. But I dont really sure cause she sees it as a friend or as a father figure for Im not really sure about those things. But anyway my opinion is she looks Joel just like her own father. Remember the winter whan Ellie got caught and tried to be raped by that canibal guy? I think from there you already could see a father-daughter relationships betwween them. So yeah thats my opinion. 

        Loading editor
    • 180.253.102.165 wrote:
      @Mikey333, first of all thanks for answering my question, youre a nice friend. Well in my opinion Ellie sees Joel like her own father. But I dont really sure cause she sees it as a friend or as a father figure for Im not really sure about those things. But anyway my opinion is she looks Joel just like her own father. Remember the winter whan Ellie got caught and tried to be raped by that canibal guy? I think from there you already could see a father-daughter relationships betwween them. So yeah thats my opinion. 

      You're welcome, thanks for ur opinion too. and yeah you write : "But I dont really sure cause she sees it as a friend or as a father figure for Im not really sure about those things." describing my confusion too.

      It's very unclear for me since she seems to care everyone that is by her side, the difference is becoming clear when Joel wanna leave her to Tommy, and thats how we know that Joel is more than anyone for her.

        Loading editor
    • 180.253.102.165 wrote:
      Hey, Mikey333 and everyone who sees my question, please just reply, what do you guys think about Ellies bite it looks diffrent at the beginning and at the end, I know Ive been asking about this and some already answered, but I really want the true answer, so please Sethylamine, dont get mad for my question because there will be a spoiler. Sorry Sethylamine.Sorry everyone that hate spoilers. Reply and answer please.

      I just thought I would add my two cents. I'm on my 4th playthrough of the game (not counting replaying levels) and after seeing the beginning and ending cutscenes many times i'm positive that Ellie's bite hasn't gotton any worse, it's just the camera angles.

        Loading editor
    • CaPtiAn1590 wrote:
      On Ellie's page...

      According to the Japanese manual of TLoU. Ellies last name is Williams???

      Is this even clairfied anywhere in the actual game?

      Nope. Actually, none of the characters (except for Jimmy Cooper, but he only shows up in the prologue as an infected.) have a confirmed last name from what I remember. I can't say that ND mentioned something about Ellie's last name, since I don't know if they are entirely responsible for the Japanese manual, but I can definitely say that they don't mention it in the game.

        Loading editor
    • WtteWatt, thank you very much for the answer.So thats only the camera angles though.(slaps own face) man, Im so stupid for not realizing that. Anyway thanks,thank you very much.

        Loading editor
    • To all Ben 10 and The Last of Us fans, HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY TO ASHLEY JOHNSON!!!!

        Loading editor
    • Birthday? I didn't know,

      SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Loading editor
    • She could be 16 at the end of the game. We know she's 14 at the started and about a year passed after meeting her so there might be a small chance she's 16

        Loading editor
    • Does anyone know Ellie's middle name? I know her suposed last name is Williams, but I'm curious about her middle name.

        Loading editor
    • WatteWatt wrote:

      180.253.102.165 wrote:
      Hey, Mikey333 and everyone who sees my question, please just reply, what do you guys think about Ellies bite it looks diffrent at the beginning and at the end, I know Ive been asking about this and some already answered, but I really want the true answer, so please Sethylamine, dont get mad for my question because there will be a spoiler. Sorry Sethylamine.Sorry everyone that hate spoilers. Reply and answer please.

      I just thought I would add my two cents. I'm on my 4th playthrough of the game (not counting replaying levels) and after seeing the beginning and ending cutscenes many times i'm positive that Ellie's bite hasn't gotton any worse, it's just the camera angles.

      The Firefly's opened the wound.

        Loading editor
    • 70.140.69.13 wrote: Does anyone know Ellie's middle name? I know her suposed last name is Williams, but I'm curious about her middle name.

      Ellie Anna Williams.

        Loading editor
    • WatteWatt wrote:
      I don't know if anyone else noticed this but i'm sure Ellie looks older in the final cutscene.

      This would make sense since she is still growing and giving the timeframe of the game.

      It just looks like she's slightly taller and has a sharper face, I wonder if Naughty Dog did slightly change her apperance in the final cutscene.

      I think it's because everything she's been through. Usually when you go through trauma and really growing experiences it makes you seem older. For instance, when I went to boot camp. I wasn't any older coming home than going there, but yet I looked extrememly older because of everything I did while being there. But I could see why she would look older. 

        Loading editor
    • I just love Ellie's character and everything she's been through. You can really connect with her. Her survivors guilt and losing Riley. It just pushed her to become the cure to help the best she can. After spending that winter by herself she had finally seen what the world was being so naive before it. She was forced to grow up and see the world for what it is, while Joel saw and opened up realizing that he could. They totally switched roles and after the hospital scene Ellie was trying to find something to live for. Sadly, the one thing she lived for was the hope she could cure mankind and that was taken from her. So then Riley, Tess, and Sam's death were in vain to her. I feel bad for the girl losing everyone that's ever meant anything to her.So I definitely connect with her and her story. 

        Loading editor
    • 71.81.149.148 wrote:
      I just love Ellie's character and everything she's been through. You can really connect with her. Her survivors guilt and losing Riley. It just pushed her to become the cure to help the best she can. After spending that winter by herself she had finally seen what the world was being so naive before it. She was forced to grow up and see the world for what it is, while Joel saw and opened up realizing that he could. They totally switched roles and after the hospital scene Ellie was trying to find something to live for. Sadly, the one thing she lived for was the hope she could cure mankind and that was taken from her. So then Riley, Tess, and Sam's death were in vain to her. I feel bad for the girl losing everyone that's ever meant anything to her.So I definitely connect with her and her story. 

      me btw forgot to log in >:T

        Loading editor
    • 173.187.79.118 wrote:
      208.47.211.5 wrote:
      I have a question about Ellie, and by extension Joel, after you kill David and Joel comes in to grab her and console her. They say some things to each other that are not audible. In fact, I believe there is no sound on purpose and you only see lips moving. Joel starts talking first and Ellie replies to him. Anyone know what is said? Seems you will have to read lips to figure it out. I just wonder if what is said is about what just happened to Ellie, or perhaps Joel talking her down. 
      If you turn on the captions during that you can see what they say.

      I don't know if you can. I had the captions on and It has never showed me what they're saying. I think they left it silent on purpose to leave it open to the imagination. 

        Loading editor
    • I think it would be kind of lame to actually hear what Joel was saying to Ellie. I 'm sure Joel didn't talk down or yell at her. :)

        Loading editor
    • Yeah. I'm sure Joel was asking her something like, "He didn't hurt you, did he?" or something.

      EDIT: Actually, I'm pretty sure from trying to read his lips that the last thing he said is "okay". I'm almost certain he was saying something like, "We're going to get out of here, okay?" 

        Loading editor
    • I'm 16 and i like Ellie, and i mean "Like Like" her. Is that weird?

        Loading editor
    • Sorry for bringing this out of nowhere, just wanted to know what others think

        Loading editor
    • Ellie is so cute

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.