Raise a Floppa - The Loop
Do you like this video?
This article is a stub
It has insufficient information and needs more content. Assist the wiki by expanding this article as much as possible.
This is a complete timeline of all known and trackable significant events within The Last of Us universe.
1984 or 1985
- Joel is born.
Between 1986 and 1991
- Tommy is born.
- Joel gains an interest in American football, becoming familiar with the University of Eastern Colorado's "Big Horns" team, an interest he shares with his brother Tommy.
- Joel graduates high school and marries an unnamed woman.
- Sarah is born to Joel and an unknown mother.
Early or mid 2000s
- Joel's wife leaves him shortly after Sarah's birth, leaving Joel as a single father.
- Henry is born.
- Joel and Tommy rent two Harley-Davidson motorcycles on Tommy's birthday and go for a cross country ride.
- A type of fungus known as the Cordyceps brain infection mutates somewhere in South American crops and proceeds to infect the first human.
- The infection spreads throughout Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
- Signs of change in human behavior due to the infection.
- The first stage of infected become runners.
- Joel's birthday. Sarah stays up late to give him a new watch.
- The Cordyceps outbreak in Austin occurs in the early hours of the morning.
- Sarah is killed during the outbreak by a U.S. soldier.
- Austin is quarantined.
- The U.S. military begins to round up citizens from Lincoln into a quarantine zone.
- The infection arrives in Lincoln, infecting those who did not leave the town.
- FEDRA and the United States Armed Forces start to make quarantine zones.
- The infection arrives in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Boston is quarantined.
- The infection arrives in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Hartford is quarantined.
2013 or 2014
- Marlene founds a militia group called the Fireflies.
- The U.S. military begin to clash with the Fireflies.
- The first sign of infection arrives at the University of Eastern Colorado.
- The infection arrives in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Salt Lake City is quarantined.
- The infection arrives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Pittsburgh is quarantined.
- The second stage of the infected begin to mutate into stalkers.
- The survivors at the University of Eastern Colorado begin waiting for rescue.
- The survivors at the University of Eastern Colorado find the last known food on campus.
Late February or early March
- One of the survivors at the University of Eastern Colorado, likely the writer of the student's journal, leaves to search for supplies in town.
2016 or 2017
- Riley Abel is born.
Between 2017 and 2018
Between January and April
- Ellie is born to an unknown father and Anna.
- Anna dies, possibly from CBI, and Marlene begins to take care of Ellie.
2019 or 2020
- Sam is born.
Late 2019 or early 2020
- The third stage of infected begin to mutate into clickers.
Likely between 2018 and 2023
- The Washington Liberation Front is founded.
- Rations begin to run low in Pittsburgh.
- Rioters begin to revolt with the Fireflies' help, leading to the takeover of Pittsburgh.
- Three teenagers in Pittsburgh kill a small family. They are put on public trial, but are found not guilty, and are told to help with gathering supplies.
- The remainder of civilians in Pittsburgh join the hunters. Those who opposed verbally were shot dead by the acting leader of the hunters.
- The fourth stage of infected begin to mutate into bloaters.
Unknown year, before August 29
- The Fireflies set up base in the University of Eastern Colorado, and send supplies there from other bases for seven months.
Unknown year, September 14
- The UEC Fireflies receive five recruits from Chicago.
Unknown year, December 20
- The UEC Fireflies receive three recruits and a Biologist from San Francisco.
Unknown year, February 22
- The UEC Fireflies receive 10 crates of supplies from the Salt Lake City Hospital.
Some time after SLC shipment
- A scientist with the UEC Fireflies is bitten by an infected lab monkey.
- The remaining UEC Fireflies evacuate to Salt Lake City.
Unknown dates between 2013 and 2033
- The final stage of the infection create spores.
- Joel becomes a hunter, causing a rift between him and his brother Tommy.
- Bill and Frank set traps in Lincoln.
- Having had enough of Joel's methods of survival, Tommy joins the Fireflies and eventually leaves the group.
- Joel meets Tess, becoming a smuggler.
- David founds a group of cannibals.
- Joel, Tess, and Bill smuggle supplies between Boston and Lincoln.
- Tess buys guns from a man named Robert, which are later bought by Marlene.
- Soldiers investigate the Goldstone Building and are killed by infected.
- Boston becomes one of the last remaining operational quarantine zones.
- The Boston Fireflies are nearly defeated by the military.
- The events of Left Behind take place.
- The Fireflies discover that Ellie is immune and try to smuggle her out of Boston.
- Tess is attacked by Robert's men, causing her and Joel to go after Robert. They find him, and she kills him.
- Marlene is wounded in a firefight with U.S. military forces.
- Joel and Tess help Marlene in order to get weapons.
- Joel, Tess, and Marlene reach a safe house, where the two agree to smuggle Ellie out of Boston.
- Joel, Tess, and Ellie evade the military and reach ruined downtown Boston.
- Tess is infected, then killed by soldiers.
- Joel and Ellie head to Lincoln to retrieve a car from Bill.
- Joel and Ellie reach Pittsburgh and meet up with Henry and Sam.
- Sam becomes infected, forcing Henry to shoot him. Henry then shoots himself out of grief over Sam's death.
- Joel and Ellie reach Jackson, Wyoming.
- Joel is able to reunite with Tommy, who welcomes him with open arms, along with meeting his wife Maria.
- After surviving a bandit attack, Ellie runs away, but Joel and Tommy eventually find her.
- When Joel changes his mind over Ellie's custody, Tommy advises the pair to go to the University of Eastern Colorado.
- Joel and Ellie reach the university.
- They discover the Fireflies have relocated their main base to Salt Lake City.
- While fleeing from hostile survivors, Joel is severely wounded after being impaled on a piece of rebar.
- Joel is left badly wounded, forcing Ellie to save his life.
- Despite stitching up his wound, Ellie discovers Joel has contracted sepsis.
- The pair take refuge in a Lakeside Resort, living off the wildlife.
Late 2033 or early 2034
- While Joel recovers from his injuries, Ellie encounters David and his group. She manages to trade meat for some penicillin for Joel, using it to cure his infection.
- David and his group find Ellie the next day and capture her, though she prevents them from discovering Joel.
- Joel, having recovered from his illness, tortures two of David's men to find her, making it to the town.
- On the verge of being killed for food, Ellie manages to escape into the town, killing David and some of his men in the process.
- Joel finds Ellie, pulling her away from David's corpse and the two escape the town.
- Two Fireflies, Greg and Tania die.
- Marlene's group reaches Utah.
- Marlene's group reaches Salt Lake City.
- She begins making a journal to recount how her men seem in better spirits after being reunited with their comrades and her dismay at learning that Ellie's escort was killed.
- Joel and Ellie reach Salt Lake City.
- They encounter giraffes that serves to heighten the pair's spirits, Joel briefly considers going back to Tommy's but Ellie is adamant on finishing the mission.
- Ellie gifts Joel a picture of him and Sarah, Joel finally coming to terms with her death.
- While traversing through the sewers to reach the hospital, the pair are caught in a flood. While Joel manages to rescue her, she is unconscious.
- While giving Ellie CPR, Joel is knocked unconscious by a Firefly.
- Dr. Jerry Anderson runs some tests on the unconscious Ellie and determines that she will die if they perform the operation necessary to create a cure. Though conflicted, he convinces Marlene of the necessity of the procedure. After Marlene agrees and goes to tell Joel, Dr. Anderson is comforted by his daughter; Abby, who tells him she'd want him to operate if it was her instead of Ellie.
- Joel awakes to find himself in the hospital with Marlene. On learning that Ellie needs to die to obtain the cure, he kills Ethan and many other Fireflies on his way to the operating room.
- In the operating room Dr. Anderson threatens Joel with a scalpel and tries to reason with him - but Joel kills him and proceeds to rescue Ellie.
- He rescues Ellie but is cornered by Marlene. Refusing to lose Ellie, he kills her and flees in a car.
- When Ellie regains consciousness, he lies to her that Fireflies gave up their quest for a cure.
- Later the same day, Abby discovers her father has been murdered by Joel and is devastated.
- Joel and Ellie return to Jackson.
- Ellie confesses her survivors guilt to Joel. Joel tries to console her, but her doubts over the Fireflies downfall makes her question his honesty.
- Joel and Ellie begin to settle into Tommy's community. Having promised to teach her to play the guitar, Joel obtains one while out with Tommy. Joel confesses what happened at the Firefly Hospital to Tommy, who is shaken by the revelation but agrees to take his secret to the grave if he must. They return to Jackson and Joel sings Ellie a song.
- With all hopes of finding a cure to CBI lost after Jerry Anderson and Marlene's deaths, the remaining Fireflies officially vote to disband their organization.
- Ellie and Joel spend Ellie's birthday at the Wyoming Museum of Science and History looking at dinosaurs and hanging out in a space capsule.
- Abby and Owen, now members of the Washington Liberation Front in Seattle, Washington, explore the city's waterfront aquarium. She expresses her disappointment in all of her leads to Joel being dried up.
- Ellie has suspicions that Joel isn't telling the truth about the Fireflies, but Joel won't admit it.
- Ellie returns to Salt Lake City and works out what happened. Joel catches up to her and she confronts him directly. He admits what he did, Ellie tells him "we're done", and no longer speaks to him.
- Abby reveals to Owen that she has tracked down Tommy through ex-Fireflies who served with him. They plan on leaving a week later, along with six more of their WLF crew, all former Fireflies.
- Abby and her group reach Wyoming and begin staying at the abandoned Baldwin mansion.
- Dina kisses Ellie at the town's winter dance, leading to an altercation between Joel and Seth after the latter is homophobic to the two women.
- Ellie drops by Joel's house and admits that she wants to try to forgive him. They agree and begin to repair their relationship.
- Maria's lookout patrol spot a horde of infected at the ski lodge.
- In the early hours of the morning Maria sends Joel and Tommy to scope the place out.
- Ellie, Dina, and Jesse go on patrol around Jackson, with Jesse's group set to replace Joel and Tommy at the ski lodge.
- Abby and Owen locate the Jackson settlement. Owen reveals their crew will not attack such a fortified area. Abby leaves Owen to find Joel alone.
- Dina and Ellie get caught in a snow storm and take shelter in Eugene Linden's hideout.
- Abby is pursued by a horde but Joel and Tommy save her at the lodge. Overwhelmed, the trio flee to the Baldwin mansion.
- Jesse finds Dina and Ellie and reveals Joel and Tommy did not rendezvous.
- At the Baldwin mansion, Abby has Tommy knocked out and then tortures and kills Joel just as Ellie breaches the room.
- Joel's funeral occurs.
- Tommy leaves Jackson to pursue Abby and her group.
- Ellie and Dina go to Seattle after Tommy to look for the Washington Liberation Front.
- Tommy makes it to Seattle. His horse is killed, forcing him to move on foot.
Unknown day 1
- Ellie and Dina make it to Seattle.
- Tommy finds Nick and tortures him for information on Abby's whereabouts, then kills him.
Unknown day 2
- Ellie meets up with Jesse.
Unknown day 3
- Tommy makes it to the marina and is attacked by Manny Alvarez's patrol. He kills the group but is cornered in a cruise ship terminal by Manny and Abby. While managing to kill Manny and successfully surprising Abby, he is knocked from the pier into the water through Yara's interference.
- Abby confronts Ellie at the theater.
- JJ is born.
- Tommy comes to Dina and Ellie's farm in an effort to convince her to go out and find and kill Abby again.
- The next morning, Ellie leaves to pursue Abby.
- Between now and Ellie's return, Dina takes JJ and abandons the farm.
Middle of summer
- Abby and Lev are captured by the Rattlers in Santa Barbara, California.
- Three months later, Ellie reaches Santa Barbara, infiltrates the Rattler dome and frees the prisoners.
- She finds Abby and Lev on the beach, frees them and then fights Abby in the nearby water. She gains the upper hand but has a moral epiphany regarding Joel and decides to spare Abby.
- Abby and Lev continue their pursuit of the Fireflies at Catalina Island.
- Ellie returns to the farm but finds it deserted. She finds Joel's guitar in the drawing room and after trying to play it, leaves the farm.